After the one-month long SmartMesh-SUSS Workshop, the Singapore Blockchain Challenge officially kicked off this week. Students from Singapore’s University of Social Sciences, the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Polytechnic and many other universities are now participating in a five-stage entrepreneurial challenge. August 22 will be the first day of judging. The award-winning project will receive funding and resource support from SUSS, SmartMesh and related ecosystem partners.
The SmartMesh marketing team will guide each entrepreneurial team to work on their projects, and ramp up with ecosystem partners to learn from their industry experience and gain a critical edge in the realtime challenge entering the market. At the same time, the team is leveraging the this event to grow and galvanize a larger international community and propagate the the influence of the SmartMesh ecosystem.
The following are the work details from the past two weeks:
- Photon optimization related work.
1.1 Continued to analyze incentives of Photon to support IoT data transfer, discussed the applicability of the penalty mechanism in this scenario, and prepared for the subsequent communication-based micropayment ecosystem application.
1.2 Continued to discuss the impact of the changes to the Photon Token contract, analyzed the communication errors caused by the client’s failure to update in time during the contract migration, and prepared for the subsequent optimization and upgrade of the Photon function.
1.3 Continued to sort out the relevant functions of third-party entrustment, updated the parameters configuration of the corresponding interface application scenarios, and further improved the scope of PMS entrusted services.
- Atmospheric interoperability and Living Lab preparations.
1.1 Reviewed the distributed storage application problems, analyzed the storage mode and discussed the corresponding comparison, and provided application support for subsequent interoperability challenges.
1.2 Continued with the JED Trade cooperation project: described the Atmosphere cross-chain process in detail and conduct application interaction communication, and provided support for subsequent project interoperability cooperation development.
- We are discussing the feasibility of cross-chain product positioning and technical solutions regarding the JED Trade project.
- The marketing team has been leveraging the activity of the Singapore Blockchain Challenge to boost the international market plan:
- Performed a comprehensive review of branding and market direction, clearly defined the team member’s tasks, and are putting in plans to improve the interaction of the Telegram global community in the coming months.
- Developed strategies to attract people who have little or no knowledge of SmartMesh while also generating content and resources to help those who are interested in in-depth research in the realms of IoT, blockchain, Mesh networking, cryptocurrencies, and how they integrate with the SmartMesh ecosystem.
- Communicated with the team and students involved in the SmartMesh-SUSS Blockchain Challenge Workshop to help them identify their true target market demographics, their most applicable use-cases, and streamline their project scopes.
- Brainstormed with teams on how to use SmartMesh in education, finance, food and drug safety, supply chain logistics and numerous other industries.. The marketing team will continue to assist all teams in developing their projects, so that they have a boost when preparing to real markets.
- Further communicated with GTI, an IoT sensor and device manufacturer about blockchain-related cooperation in five main areas:
- Running a prepaid card alliance chain and prepaid card management service system (based on docker operation).
- Having an embedded 5G module to realize 5G communication.
- Integrating Smartmesh technology with a freezer appliance of a listed company.
- Establishing an IoT presence in stores to realize data collection, transmission and interaction in physical space.
- Realizing distributed cloud storage and cloud computing.