SmartMesh Weekly Update (2018.08.13 – 2018.08.17)
Hello everyone and welcome to the latest edition of the SmartMesh Weekly Update.
The SmartMesh team has been hard at work dedicated towards their mission to truly establish the world’s first blockchain-based Mesh network, bringing connectivity to areas of the world that currently don’t have any, and bringing a robustly featured global digital economy with it.
This project, although it may sound like a science-fiction dream, is rapidly approaching realization as prototypes become products, and ideas and concepts become deployable deliverables.
Here are all the latest highlights and updates from the latest SmartMesh Weekly Update.
As the mapping of the SMT and MESH tokens to the Spectrum chain approaches, the Public Chain Team released Spectrum 0.5 which has been optimized to handle this event. Meanwhile, the blockchain Browser officially launched the SMT transaction record and price inquiry function this week, allowing for convenient inquiries by users. Anyone can access this by either going to spectrum.pub in a web browser, or clicking the “Spectrum” button on the smartmesh.io main web page.
In addition to these efforts, the public chain team continues to study the libp2p library and EVM virtual machine, hoping gain insight from them for further optimizations on Spectrum.
The details are as follows:
- Released the 0.5 version of the public chain. In this new edition, the Makefile project file was revised to formally name the GETH executable SMC, and the Bootnode system nodes were expanded to six.
- Blockchain browser online public chain currency SMT transaction record inquiry and price inquiry function were launched.
- Continued to study the Libp2p library as part of a to improve network topology controlability.
- Continued to study the EVM virtual machine, planned more extensive instructions to support the unique characteristics of Mesh networks.
Spectrum Browser’s public currency SMT transaction record query and price inquiry function
Ozone development had a fruitful week,with the 0.5 version of multi-platform testing completed and compiled separately. Some minor changes are also being completed this week to ensure that Ozone’s stability is higher than before.
The specific details are as follows:
- Mac/Linux/Windows platform packages tested with the 0.5.0 version.
- Mac/Linux/Windows platform compiled separately with the Spectrum 0.5 client.
- Released the 0.5.0 version of Spectrum on GitHub.
- Modified the way devtools is loaded so that it does not depend on browser plug-ins.
- Repaired known minor problems.
This week, the SmartRaiden Team mainly worked on receiving message processing, unit testing of SmartRaiden Version 1.0, and network-free security design.
The specific details are as follows:
- Last week, the SmartRaiden Team worked on messages received by the transaction recipients as well as chain events, including direct transaction requests, indirect transaction requests, SecretRequest messages, RevealSecret messages, on-chain channel closure events, on-chain new block timer events, and on-chain Secret registration events.
- Developed the contract test code, designed the SmartRaiden partial contract function test scenario, and tested the Openchannel / Closechannel / Settlechannel unit.
- Carried out the internet-free security plan design (the entire process for protecting account transfers). In order to satisfy the transaction requirements for SmartRaiden internet-free scenarios, the SmartRaiden team envisages that the State Channel transaction model can meet the security requirements of internet-free transactions under various conditions. According to the influence of channel life cycle on the security of the network-free nodes, the risk of the network-free transaction comes from four aspects: (a) Secret cannot be submitted when the transaction fails; (b) balance certificate cannot be submitted when the channel is closed; (c) unlock cannot be opened when the channel is closed; (d) the channel has been settled and continues to receive transfers giving rise to losses. At present, the restriction scheme and design application scenarios for direct internet-free transactions have been built through Settle timeout and Expire Block.
- According to the characteristics of the SmartRaiden 1.0 contract, we have begun to prepare a multilingual functional description. This week completed the description of security features, cooperative closed channel function description, channel deposit function description, and no closed channel withdrawal function description, for a total of four parts.
With the growing popularity of SmartMesh, the number of users of the SmartMesh APP and wallet has increased significantly. Choosing the SmartMesh wallet above all others is a true sign of trust and so the APP team strives towards excellence to deliver for their valued users.
On the basis of last week’s optimization, the APP team made some minor additions to solve the problem of the app freezing up when a wallet is imported with too much transfer history data. At the same time, the SmartMesh APP switched to MVP architecture mode, with its greatest advantage being the ability to completely separate the app framework from the front end, allowing for later modifications where one won’t interfere with the other.
The performance of the marketing team directly affects the image of SmartMesh in the public mind. As a result, the team remains devoted to continuously projecting a strong image for SmartMesh that resonates with the general public.
The details are as follows:
- SmartMesh signed a strategic cooperation agreement with Roots Capital Origin Capital to jointly establish the SmartRoots Fund. The news of the foundation of the Smart Roots Fund has attracted great attention across the board, and the marketing team has begun to push out the details to the community.
- The marketing team collaborated with Got Talent and promoted SmartMesh via self-media, community interactions, social media news and other outlets. This inspired many to understand the real value of blockchain-based Mesh for the first time and anticipate the future of internet-free connectivity.
- The marketing team will also hold review meetings to examine past marketing campaigns and better prepare for new ones.
That’s all for this week’s update, stay tuned next week for all the latest highlights and updates from the world’s most revolutionary blockchain project that is breaking throught the boundaries of the internet.
* All times mentioned in this article refer to Singapore time.