SmartMesh Weekly Update (2018.07.09 – 2018.07.13)
Welcome to another Friday edition of the SmartMesh Weekly Update, everybody!
The past week has been chock full of action and effort by the team members to push the SmartMesh project forward. The Spectrum chain, Ozone, SmartRaiden, and the APP have all been further optimized this week, and docking with the MeshBox ecosystem is also in full swing, bringing us closer and closer to the complete integration we are all so eager to see come to completion.
SmartMesh Founder Henry Wang has no time to rest. This week he’s traveled to Shaoxing in Zhejiang Province, China to attend the “Global Intelligent Industry Development and IoT Summit” to take part in a roundtable discussion with Chinese academics and business elite to discuss intelligent development in the Internet application industry.
On top of that, here are all the latest highlights and updates from the past week:
Spectrum public chain R&D is carrying on at a swift pace. The public chain team records the running state of the chain every day. Through meticulous analysis and perpetual debugging, the public chain will be maintained in an exceptional state.
The Spectrum public chain has now been online for nearly a hundred days. In order to make it easier for you to understand its features in detail, the first version of the Spectrum Whitepaper, written by the public chain team, has been completed this week. The Spectrum Whitepaper is now tentatively scheduled to be released as V0.9.0. The language currently supports English only. The team will launch the Chinese version in subsequent editions, so as to facilitate the reading of the Chinese community and other languages will follow.
Detailed Spectrum updates are as follows:
- The 0.0.6 version of consensus contracts have been completed and unit testing has begun to prepare for test network integration. The integration test is now ready to go for next week.
- Analyzed and debugged the status storage part of the code.
- Released the V0.9.0 version of the Spectrum Whitepaper at:
The Ozone v0.4.0 version has also been released, including revisions by the public chain team according to feedback from its vast number of users. Meanwhile, the new design includes minor modifications to the User Interface, and the team has made adjustments to the main page.
In the future, many DApps will manage their smart contracts through Ozone, so the public chain team is both building a sturdy framework and developing a deep understanding of it, laying the foundation for further integrations.
The details of the latest work on Ozone are as follows:
- Developed an understanding of the running status for Ozone v0.4.0, collected feedback and suggestions and made adjustments accordingly.
- Adjusted the appearance of the program interface according to the new design draft.
- Developed an understanding of the DApp development framework Truffle to lay the foundation for further work.
This week, the main task of the SmartRaiden Team was to focus on the design for its new version, user messages and process design. The new contract has brought with it a lot of new features to SmartRaiden, which is what the team is happy to see, and these new features make its performance even better than in the past.
SmartRaiden update details are as follows:
- The past version of SmartRaiden used Refundtransfer to solve a problem where the balance of intermediate nodes couldn’t be transferred, but the new version of SmartRaiden utilizes a PunnishObsoleteUnlock function with a penalty mechanism. This will effectively reduce transfer waiting times. Meanwhile, the SmartRaiden team set up a punishment mechanism to ensure the safety of nodes in the settlement of funds.
- The new version of SmartRaiden features updated business logic and message flow design. It also has added Withdraw, CooperativeSettle and other new functions.
- XMPP message communications, mobile adaptation, internet-free payments and other mechanisms now have improved performance for comprehensive evaluation, and for the subsequent possible Matrix scheme (inter-node communication scheme) to provide reference.
There’s been great demand by the Chinese community to add the “Red Packet” feature (emulating the traditional Chinese way of gifting money to others) into the SmartMesh App and this function has been put on the agenda this week. In addition to this function, the APP team is also working hard to ensure that all features of the App are secure and practical.
Detailed work on the App is as follows:
1.Token “Red Packet” function development has kicked off.
- Wallet names can be edited.
- Modified the storage mode of the purse to enhance security.
- Introduced annotations to rebuild the SmartMesh project structure and increase code readability.
This week has been another busy one for the marketing team focusing on project publicity, community maintenance, and training.
The details are as follows:
On July 13th, 2018, SmartMesh Founder Henry Wang, attended the “Global Intelligent Industry Development and IoT Summit”. The theme of his speech was “SmartMesh: Building the Future of Communications and Internet of Things with Spectrum Blockchain 4.0”. He also took part in a roundtable discussion with Chinese academics and business elite talking about the development of intelligent technology and the Internet of Things application industry.
Speech by Henry Wang, Founder of SmartMesh
- The Marketing Team discovered that a copycat project has plagiarized the SmartMesh Whitepaper, and notices were promptly published on official social media channels to ensure that our community and the public are well informed and to caution them against these and other fraudsters.
- The second phase of SmartMesh recruitment began on July 9, 2018 and is now in progress. At 20:00 on July 13, 2018, it will be completed and there will be further announcements regarding the details.
That’s all for this week’s update. Remain vigilant, stay optimistic and stay tuned next week for all the latest highlights and updates straight out of the SmartMesh Project. Have a great weekend and don’t forget you still have two more opportunities to win lots of SMT Tokens in our World Cup Contest. Good luck and catch you next time!
* All times mentioned in this article refer to Singapore time.