On November 4, Tim Berners-Lee, the founder of the WWW, said at the network technology summit held in Lisbon, Portugal that we should not mix Web3 and Web3.0
The original intention of Berners-Lee, when he proposed the concept, was that Web3.0 should allow users not to have their personal data to be controlled by large technology companies. Tracing back, the concept of Web3.0 was initially coined by SmartMesh founder Henry in 2003. Berners-Lee used the term Web3.0 to depict the next generation of the Web in his mind in 2006. Specifically, in Web3.0, users are the core and need to pay more attention to their autonomy. In the future, the paradigm of Web3.0 will give users a new network identity and ownership. At the same time, the application of a large number of new applications will be generated, thereby reconstructing the organization and governance model of many business practices.
Unfortunately, Berners-Lee does not agree with the use of blockchain technology to build the next generation of the Internet. In 2014, Gavin Wood, one of the founders of Ethereum, confused the public by equating Web3.0 directly with blockchain cryptocurrency. This has led many people to not understand the true definition of Web3, thinking that once they have created NFTs and Utility tokens, they have implemented Web3. In this thinking, if Facebook can issue a set of NFTs, it can become the largest Web3 company, which is obviously ridiculous.
In order to promote the popular Web3 concept and application, under the advocacy of SmartMesh founder Henry, the Value Internet Creator DAO, initiated the World Web3 Alliance (W3A), which unifies the concepts of Web3.0 and Web3, and formulates an interoperability protocol between decentralized applications. If governments of various countries can look at the next generation of Internet Web3.0 and understand the relationship between blockchain and Web3.0, it will become easier to formulate effective policies to encourage the development of Web3 and mitigate the issues which come about from centralized entities, such as that represented by Luna and FTX.
The specific work is as follows:
1.1 MetaLife Photon settlement process update, joint adjustment parameters and further confirming the completion of the settlement function after unilateral shutdown, further enhancing the MetaLife Photon user experience.
1.2 Completing MetaLife Photon’s local backup function design and testing, confirming the status and transaction operation status after resetting, and providing a reference for subsequent Photon optimization.
The specific work is as follows:
1. No-server distributed communication and MetaLife preparation.
1.1 Continuing MetaLife middleware service function development and docking, mainly including Collection of visibility settings, list display, collection screening, and interface design to support NFT trading functions.
1.2 Continuing to carry out the new function of MetaLife, to further confirm the stability of operational functions such as posting interaction, incentive distribution, PUB automatic connection, NFT mint, etc. to provide a reference for improving the MetaLife user experience.
1.3 MetaLife users’ private data shard backup feasibility analysis, discussing POD remote backup identity data and local compression reconstruction feasibility and providing a reference for MetaLife data storage function applications.
1.4 MetaLife blacklist functional stability joint adjustment, verification, and initial implementation of spam data reporting, PUB review, distribution of reporting incentives, and account BLOCK processes to provide technical support for subsequent MetaLife governance.
The specific work is as follows:
Participating in the development of the SmartMesh ecological project MetaLife Dapp:
1. Search function overall coordination and corresponding use of the required interfaces;
2. Summary and optimization of stability testing and experience of the user experience;
3. Upgrading DB2 / EBT / Conn and other components, and successor stability/compatibility test;
4. Continuous testing of the incentive mechanism of the APP;
5. Cooperating with the company’s W3A sector in the game track, studying multiple mini-games, trying the feasibility of cooperation with Web2 and web3 games;
6. Planning to sign cooperation agreements such as NFT minting, distribution, and sales of NFT minting, issuance, and sales;
7. Writing instructions for the use of the new version of the app;
8. Understanding the characteristics of the Blockagora platform, in preparation for targeted activities on its platform later;
9. Putting forward APP incentives, garbage stickers prevention, and promotion schemes. Among them, the APP promotion plan planned by iron powder to synchronize KOLs’ tweets and KOLs’ recruitment plan;
10. Modifying the PUB connection button and prompt issues in the app, and supporting the name and feedback submission of the PUB in the app;
11. After optimizing Photon’s first login, binding PUBs, automatically adding and connecting PUBs, binding the PUB interface to add version number parameters;
12. CONTACT page addition of search contacts. Users may search according to nicknames and IDs to optimize the Peers page UI;
13. Testing and communicating the PUB channel of Photon. After the initiative is turned off, if the incentive movements such as posing likes are performed, the channel will be automatically reinstated;
14. Modifying Photon settlement problem;
15. Modifying the problem of the PROFILE page avatar nickname and incentive data.
This week, the SMARTMESH ecosystem market business financing activities were carried out in an orderly manner, as follows:
1. At the invitation of the Quest Fund, Henry, the founder of SmartMesh and MetaLife Cofounder, participated in the event at the Singapore Yacht Club. Quest Fund is a metaverse cryptocurrency investment company, and the two parties will discuss cooperation matters in the follow-up.
2. Henry and Singapore Councilor Yang Muguang conducted a cordial exchange at the CTH opening ceremony. Mr. Yang is considering SmartMesh and MeshBox networks may be deployed at the foreign labor center. The MeshBox team will visit the venue for assessment.
3. Overseas market promotion work is carried out in an orderly manner. SmartMesh and ecological project MetaLife are carrying out community promotion and operation activities with multiple projects, which will be launched one after another. In order to further promote and thank the support of the majority of users, MetaLife intends to make the instructions for future releases of the app to be available and add rewards in Chinese posts.